Wednesday 11 March 2009

Right, I have taken up an excellent idea by Neil Grubb so have a look and make some suggestions as where I go from here; Look at Flamborough and click on the information icon.

My thoughts;
I've chosen Flamborough becauseI know it reasonably well though not as well as many others. I have highlighted the key locations in the area - a bit of information can be added to these.

What Googlemaps would allow us to do is to post exact locations of particular birds, this could be really useful at migration hot spots such as Flamborough.

Something like this couldbe useful embedded into local birdclub websites.

Rather than a free -for-all that is the main map,local maps would probably be best in the control of a smallgroup.

All comments welcome

2 comments:

  1. You need to take a look at Chirptracker which will have a British launch soon (www.chirptracker.com). It's currently in Beta testing and has full sighting integration with Google Maps check out a review at BNE one of my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, I'll have a read this weekend

    ReplyDelete